Nowadays, more and more people are looking for easy and fast ways to create applications. In response to this need, no-code platforms have emerged, which allow applications to be built without the need for programming skills. In this article, we will take a look at no-code and low-code solutions and consider what their main advantages and disadvantages are. We will also suggest where to start creating web and mobile applications without writing a single line of code.
How do no-code and low-code platforms work?
On the web, you will encounter two types of advanced solutions that allow you to create applications without writing code:
- No-code platforms allow you to create an application by drag and drop. The user simply moves the blocks that make up the entire software. These tools have a graphical interface that allows easy design of applications without the need to create code. They are designed primarily for people with no programming experience who want to create their own application. An example of such a platform is Webflow, which allows you to create websites efficiently, even if there is no developer on hand.
- With low-code platforms you will also build your own application without writing code, with the software also providing you with access to more advanced configuration options and additional features. These tools guarantee more flexibility, but their users should have at least basic programming skills.
The no-code agency deals with such solutions.
Advantages of no-code tools for business solutions
With the help of no-code tools, their applications are created primarily by companies that need a quick, easy and inexpensive way to customize them to meet their business needs. Entrepreneurs appreciate, among other things:
- Speed of deployment – advanced applications are developed in much less time than with traditional coding. As a result, you can start using them faster and make any changes.
- Low cost – applications built using no-code platforms are usually cheaper than hiring programmers to create code from scratch.
- Ease of use – the best platforms of this type are easy to use even for people with no programming experience. This allows multiple people from across the company to participate in the development process, speeding up deployment and improving the quality of the application.
- Adaptation of applications to business processes – companies can react faster to changes in the market and configure their applications according to the current situation.
- Easy integrations with other tools – using off-the-shelf integrations, you can easily and conveniently connect your website or mobile app with services such as CRM, ERP or payment systems.
How to create applications without programming?
If you want to build any digital product using the no code tool, follow these steps:
- Choose the right platform – there are many no-code and low-code tools on the market that allow you to create different types of applications, from online stores to startups in the form of mobile apps. So choose the platform that best suits your needs.
- Determine your goals and requirements – before you create your own website or business app, clarify your startup idea. Determining the target functionalities of your product will make it easier and faster to design.
- Design the user interface – the interface of your application should be clear and easy to use. Design it in such a way that users can freely navigate through the website or software.
- Build the application with pre-built modules – to build an online store, website or application, all you need to do is drag and drop individual modules in the places that suit you.
- Test the app – before deploying the app, check that it works properly and meets all your requirements.
- Publish the application – when your product is ready, upload it to a server or install it in the cloud for users to use.
As you can see, automation means that creating applications these days no longer requires a sophisticated development environment. This is an increasingly popular technology trend that is boldly making its way into our daily lives. According to the study “Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2020” Gartner, by 2024 65% of applications will be built using no-code platforms. So it’s worth learning how to use them today and thinking about how to leverage them in your business.